Офисы компании


All foreigners who intend to work in Singapore must have a valid pass (commonly known as a work visa) before they start work.  If you are engaging foreigners to work in Singapore, you must ensure that they hold a valid pass.  Find out which pass is suitable, if they are eligible and how to apply.


Pass Type

Who is it for

Employment Pass

For foreign professionals, managers and executives. Candidates need to earn at least S$3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.


For eligible foreign entrepreneurs wanting to start and operate a new business in Singapore.

Personalised Employment Pass

For high-earning existing Employment Pass holders or overseas foreign professionals. The PEP offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass.

 Skilled Staff

Pass Type

Who is it for

S Pass

For mid-level skilled staff.  Candidates need to earn at least S$2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.

Family Members  

As an Employment Pass holder, you can get certain family members to join you in Singapore if you meet the eligibility requirements; you need to:

  • Earn at least S$5,000 a month
  • Hold an Employment Pass

Pass Type

Who is it for

dependent's t Pass

For spouses and children of eligible Employment holders.

long term visit pass

For parents, common-law spouses, step-children or handicapped children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.

letter of consent

For LTVP and DP holders who want to work in Singapore.

Employment Pass

Who is eligible?

Employment Pass (EP) is a type of work visa issued to foreign professional employees, managers and owners/directors of Singapore companies.  EP is normally issued for 1-2 years at a time and renewable thereafter.  An EP enables you to work and live in Singapore, and travel in and out of the country freely without applying for Singapore entry visas.  Possessing an EP also opens the door for potential Singapore permanent residence in due course.

The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who :

  • Have a job offer in Singapore
  • Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job
  • Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$3,600 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries)
  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills

Documents required :

  • Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
  • A copy of resume detailing the applicant’s work experience
  • Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate
  • Past employment testimonials
  • Detailed description of the duties to be performed by the applicant
  • Detailed description of activities and/or products of the company
  • Additional supporting documents may be required on as needed basis

For non-English documents, you must submit the original documents and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.


The EntrePass scheme is designated for foreign entrepreneurs who wish to start a business and relocate to Singapore.

Who is eligible?

Eligible foreign entrepreneurs who want to start and operate a new business in Singapore.  Your proposed business needs to meet certain requirements for you to be eligible for an EntrePass.  These may include funding from an accredited source, intellectual property, research collaboration or being an incubate.

You are eligible for an EntrePass if:

  • You have (or intend to start) a private limited company registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
  • If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply.
  • If you have not registered, you can wait for the outcome of your application before registering.
  • Your company has at least $50,000 in paid-up-capital. You need to provide a bank statement that shows at least $50,000 in a Singapore-based company bank account.
  • You hold at least 30% of the shares in the company.  

Note :  The following businesses are not eligible for an EntrePass:

•    Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts.
•    Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges.
•    Foot reflexology, massage parlours.
•    Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing businesses.
•    Employment agencies.
•    Geomancy business

Documents required :

You will need these documents to apply:

  1. Copy of the personal particulars page of your passport.
  2. Past employment testimonials in English.
  3. Copies of educational certificates.
  4. Documentary evidence of your previous employment(s) and/or business venture(s), if any.
  5. A business plan in English (not more than 10 pages) with the following:
  • Business idea
  • Product or service offered
  • Market analysis
  • Market plan
  • Operation plan
  • Financial projections
  • Management team
  • Supporting documents – for example, licensing agreements, product certifications and endorsement

      6. For businesses registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority:

  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information.
  • A bank statement of at least $50,000 from a Singapore-based company bank account

7. Other documents that can be useful to solidify your application include licensing agreements, MOUs  with potential customers/suppliers, product certifications, endorsements, etc.

The Officers from the Ministry of Manpower may ask for other documents when they review your application.

Personalised Employment Pass

Who is eligible?

Eligible high-earning foreign professionals can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP).  Pass holders have greater job flexibility than with other work passes.  However, they need to meet certain requirements to hold the pass.

You can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) if you are:

Minimum Salary
Current Employment Pass holders: at least S$12,000 per month
Overseas foreign professionals: at least S$18,000 per month

Who is NOT eligible?

You are not eligible for the PEP if you are:

  • An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme.
  • A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis.
  • A sole proprietor, partner or director and shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
  • A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer.

Note: You are not allowed to start a business or conduct any form of entrepreneurial activity while on a PEP.  If you intend to do so, you should apply for an EntrePass.

Requirements of the pass

To keep holding a PEP, you must:

  • Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
  • Earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are in employment.

Benefits of the PEP

The PEP gives you greater job flexibility than other work passes:

  • You can generally hold a job in any sector.  However, the PEP does not exempt you from complying with registration requirements to practise in Singapore for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc.
  • You do not need to re-apply for a new pass if you change jobs; you only need to notify the Ministry of Manpower.
  • You can stay in Singapore for a continuous period of up to 6 months without a job to search for new employment.